CompTIA Server+ ensures pros have the skills to work in data centers or cloud environments.
Cyber Account CompTIA Server+ is a global certification that validates the hands-on skills of IT professionals who install, manage and troubleshoot servers in data centers as well as on-premise and hybrid environments. CompTIA Server+ is the only certification that can ensure that IT professionals at the administrator level are able to do the job in any environment because it is the only certification not restricted to a single platform. The exam covers essential hardware and software technologies of on-premise and hybrid server environments including high availability, cloud computing and scripting. The new exam includes performance-based questions that require the candidate to demonstrate multi-step knowledge to securely deploy, administer and troubleshoot servers.
CompTIA Server+ now features flexible training options including self-paced learning, live online training, custom training and labs to advance the career development of IT professionals in server administration.
The new CompTIA Server+ SK0-005 is now available. CompTIA Server+ SK0-004 (English language version) retired January 7, 2022. CompTIA Server+ SK0-004 (Japanese) will retire June 8, 2022.
What Skills Will You Learn?
Our Install and maintain physical hardware and storage
This service Manage and maintain servers, including OS configuration, access control and virtualization
Cyber Apply physical and network data security techniques and Understand disaster recovery and implement backup techniques
Covering organizational security assessment and incident response procedures, such as basic threat detection, risk mitigation techniques, security controls, and basic digital forensics.
Expanded to support organizational risk management and compliance to regulations, such as PCI-DSS, SOX, HIPAA, GDPR, FISMA, NIST, and CCPA.
A+ 1000-Series: What’s in this version
The new CompTIA Server+ Core Series includes expanded content on these growing parts of the IT support role:
- A general expansion of baseline security topics core to the IT support role, including physical versus logical security concepts and measures, malware and more
- A dramatically different approach in defining competency in operational procedures including basic disaster prevention and recovery and scripting basics
- A greater dependency on networking and device connectivity
Your Server+ Certification Training Solution
Ensure you are 100% ready on test day with comprehensive online training for Server+, only from CompTIA. CertMaster Learn is interactive and self-paced, and combines instructional lessons with assessments, videos, and performance-based questions to help you prepare for your certification exam and career in IT.
CertMaster Learn for Server+ is available as a combined offer with CertMaster Labs, featuring Labs as Study Tasks within the CertMaster Learn Learning Plan. As a result, learners experience both knowledge acquisition and hands-on skills attainment through a single login and seamless workflow.
Exclusive CertMaster Learn + Labs features that help you nail the material and ace your exam:
- Each Lesson includes a variety of learning activities including narrative instructional content, embedded videos, review activities, and multiple-choice practice questions. Topics are designed to support a 15-30 minute presentation on a job task linked to exam objectives, to ensure that learners have various types of activities to recall and apply the information learned in the topics.
- Lessons include performance-based questions that require the learner to apply what they’ve learned in a practical scenario
- Graded Virtual Workbench Labs enable you to practice and develop skills using real equipment and practice installing, configuring, and troubleshooting computer hardware in an immersive 3D environment.
- Virtual Machine Labs utilize virtual machines built to simulate a server network so a learner can gain real-world, hands-on experience with tools, applications, and operating systems they would utilize in a job environment.
- A final assessment in a similar format to the CompTIA certification exam is designed to help the learner synthesize the content in the course and prepare for the exam experience.