What is CompTIA CYSA+?
CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+) is an IT certification that applies behavioral analytics to networks and devices to prevent, detect and combat cybersecurity threats through continuous security monitoring.
CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+) is a certification for IT professionals who apply behavioral analysis to networks and devices to prevent, detect and respond to cybersecurity threats.
CySA+ focuses on candidate capabilities that not only proactively collect, monitor, and respond to network traffic, but also emphasize software and application security, automation, threat hunting, and more. IT compliance influences the work of security analysts.
CySA+ covers the core competencies and upcoming professional qualifications of the latest security analysts used by threat analysis analysts, application security analysts, compliance analysts, incident handlers/handlers, and threat hunters. a bringing new techniques for combating threats inside and outside of the Security Operations Center (SOC).
CompTIA CySA+ is the latest security analyst certification covering advanced persistent threats in the cyber security environment since 2014.
CompTIA CYSA+ exam criteria:
Exam Code: CS0-002
No. of questions: 85
Question type: Multiple Choice and Performance-based
Time Duration: 165 minutes
Passing score: 750 (out of 100-900)
What does on the CompTIA CYSA+?
CompTIA CySA+ is the only intermediate cybersecurity analyst certification with performance-based questions about security analysis, intrusion detection, and response. Successful candidates have the following skills:
- Identify tools and techniques for conducting perimeter surveys of target
- networks or security systems
- Collect, examine and explain security data from multiple logs and observe sources
- Use network host and web application vulnerability assessment tools to interpret the results and ensure effective mitigation
- Understand and troubleshoot identity management, authentication, and access control issue
- Join a senior position in the incident response team and use forensic tools to determine the cause of the attack
- Familiarize yourself with the use of frameworks, policies, and procedures, and report on your security architecture with effective compensation control recommendations.
What does the exam cover?
What are the job opportunities after the CompTIA CYSA+ certification?
CompTIA CySA+ is intended for IT cybersecurity professionals with 3-4 years of information security work experience or related experience or equivalent education who are about to start or advance their cybersecurity analysis career.
CompTIA CySA+ prepares candidates for the following job position:
- IT Security Analyst
- Security Operations Center (SOC)
- Analyst Vulnerability analyst
- Cyber Security Specialist
- Threat intelligence analyst
- Safety engineer
- Cyber security analyst
How much you can earn by CompTIA CYSA+?
The average salary of Job positions getting after the CompTIA CYSA+ certification:
- Security Analyst: $ 95,510
- Security Operations Center (SOC) Analyst: $ 91,015